A toaster is something that is used every day and so it’s important to get one that is perfect for you and your kitchen. A 4-slice toaster is great for big families, or for toasting more than one type of bread. They are also larger and look better on the kitchen counter. They also make great gifts for any occasion. So which one should you buy? There’s a lot of various models from different brands out there but you wouldn’t want to end up with one that gives you burnt toast every morning. That’s why we’ve gone out and reviewed all the most popular toasters out there and come up with this list of the best 4-slice toaster you can buy in 2016! So without further ado here is our list of the TOP 5, 4-slice toasters on the market.
|Position||Picture||Name of Product||Price||Star Rating||Dimensions|
|$$ - check latest price||11 x 10.2 x 7.3 inches ; 5.5 pounds|
|$$$ - check latest price||13.2 x 13.2 x 9.2 inches ; 9.5 pounds|
|$$ - check latest price||12.5 x 11.4 x 8 inches ; 6.1 pounds|
|$ - check latest price||10.8 x 10.7 x 7.2 inches ; 4.5 pounds|
|$ - check latest price||12.7 x 13 x 8.5 inches ; 6.2 pounds|
So which one is best?
There are many things to consider when looking for a good 4-slice toaster. Features, Toasting Quality, Aesthetic Appeal and Support and Warranty. When reviewing our toasters we made sure to take all of these things into account before making a list. Here is our reasoning for why we made the list in the order that it is.
#1 – Cuisinart CPT-440 ($$) – Check Latest Prices or Read Full Review – Best Value for Money!
The Cuisinart CPT-440 is the best value for money 4-slice toaster on the market. Why do we say this? First of all it comes at a far cheaper price than some of the other toasters that have similar features.
- Under $100 – Best value for money!
- No lever, button press for making toast go in
- Automatic one button toasting
- Notifying alarm for when toast is finished
- Superb toasting quality, golden brown, even toasting and consistent!
- LCD display – works perfectly, good for dim lighting
If you want to buy a Great toaster that will look great on the counter, make perfect toast, and last a generation, then this is the perfect product for you.
#2 – Breville BTA840XL ($$$) – Check Latest Prices or Read Full Review – Best High End Toaster!
The Breville BTA is the best toaster out there, in terms of features, quality of toast and aesthetics. At first glance, you will notice that it has no levers at all whatsoever, the design is very sleek and streamlined. Do not be fooled by the simplistic look though, inside is a wonderfully efficient and powerful toasting machine. One might argue that it is too pricey for a toaster? But in our opinion it is well worth the money! The features of the Breville BTA surpass all the other toasters on this list,
- Electronic lift-n-look – press a button to pop up the toast to check browness
- Automatic one button toasting
- Electronic “toast browness” shade setting
- Bagel defrosting and reheating setting
- “A bit more” settings, to get extra crisp on toast
- COOL TO THE TOUCH. AND MUCH MORE!
Despite all this it is still far cheaper than a lot of other high end toasters out there. If you are looking to buy the best, then buy this one. You can read the full review here to find out more about the features.
#3 – Cuisinart CPT-180 ($)- Check Latest Prices or Read Full Review – Best Budged Toaster!
The Cuisinart CPT-180 is the king of the budget 4-slice toasters. Usually as you go lower in price when looking for a product you end up compromising quality. However this is one toaster that you can buy fairly cheap, that will still deliver the goods satisfactorily. There is no fancy automatic levers or LCD displays. The design is a classic one and if that’s your thing, then this one is perfect for you. Besides, when it comes to toasting quality the toast on the CPT-180 is even, golden brown and consistent every time and with a 6 shade setting you get a lot of control on the browning as well. It comes with defrosting, bagel and reheat setting all of which do exactly what they intended to. This is a great toaster for anyone tight on budget.
- Bagel defrosting and reheating setting
- Classic manual lever
- Red shade finish
- BEST BUDGET TOASTER!
#4 – Cuisinart CPT-142 ($$)- Check Latest Prices or Read Full Review
Another great budget toaster from Cuisinart, it is a step down from the CPT-180 and for those who of you who are really tight on budget this is a good toaster to have a look at. Thing of the CPT-142 as a bare minimum 4-slice toaster. Strip away everything extra, and you are left with a machine that is made for one thing only, toasting bread. And… it does it fairly well. However for just a little extra you can get your hands on the CPT-180 or CPT-440 and those deliver a much better toast and toasting experience, so we can’t see why you would go for this option. But when it comes to the super cheap toasters, this is the only way to go. Most other toasters at this price range compromise on features and quality.
#5 – Oster TSSTTRWF4S ($$)- Check Latest Prices or Read Full Review
The 4S at the end of this toasters long name stands for 4-Slice. This toaster is purpose built by Oster for toasting 4 slices. This is Oster’s answer to the Cuisinart CPT-142, from out review the toasting quality was very similar, except for a one main difference. The Oster took a little longer to toast over all indicating that the internal toasting machinery is not as powerful. This is also one of the cheapest 4-Slice toasters you can buy on the market before you cross over to absurd Chinese brands, which are entirely unreliable. A good toaster overall, if you like the look of this toaster it would make a good alternative to the CPT-142.
Difference Between a “4 Slice Toaster” vs. “2 Slice Toaster”
So why would you buy a 4-slice toaster? Unlike the 2-slice toaster, 4-slice toasters are better for your home in many ways. Below is a list of some of the major advantages of 4-slice toaters.
- They are generally better built because they are larger in size and so they are MORE RELIABLE than normal toasters.
- They have more features, related to the above point, since they are better built they are usually a bit more expensive, and so they also come with additional features and settings that normal toasters don’t have.
- They look better in the kitchen. 4 slice toasters have a more premium look than normal toasters. This is because of the size and extra features installed, a great 4-slice toaster like the Breville BTA840XL actually looks very impressive on the counter with it’s blue lit LEDs thanks to the technology now available.
- Toasting quality is better. 4-slice toasters are widely reported to have better toasting quality, this is because they have larger toast slots, and so the hear inside is spread more evenly along the toaster and bread, this makes the bread very evenly toasted. Compare this to a normal 2 slice toaster, which is more compact, the heat is usually concentrated in the center part of the toasts and so the toasts are never evenly done.
- They are durable, 4-slice toasters are very durable as compared to 2 slice toasters, this is due to their better build quality. Once you have a quality one, like the Cuisinart CPT-440, chances are you will be able to run it for atleast 5 years before needing a replacement.